Handheld Tracking System for Sporting Dogs
With faster 2.5-second location updates and the capacity to follow up to 20 dogs, Astro 430 is a handheld powerhouse of dog-tracking performance. Intuitive and easy to use, the Astro 430 handheld features a vibrant 2.6-inch color display, preloaded TOPO U.S. 100K mapping, an optional in-unit rechargeable battery and Hunt Metrics data to help analyze your dogs tracking habits in the field, so you can know how to train more effectively.
Follow Your Dog's Every Move
- Track up to 20 dogs at a time, with ranges up to 9 miles using a Garmin T 5 collar device or up to 4 miles with T 5 mini collar device
- 2.5-second update rate provides faster location tracking when dogs are on the run
- GPS/GLONASS reception enables better satellite tracking in challenging environments than GPS alone
- Comes with preloaded TOPO U.S 100K mapping and a free 1-year BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription; compatible with Garmin HuntView cards
- Hunt Metrics data helps analyze your dogs hunting patterns and behaviors; view distance traveled, time afield and more
Track with Hunt Metrics Data - Sophisticated Hunt Metrics help monitor your dog's hunting patterns and behaviors to optimize your training opportunities. You can see your dog's times, distances traveled and overall scores. Plus, the Astro 430 will also capture the number of times during the hunt when an "on point" or "treed" event was indicated.
Like all Garmin outdoor products, Astro 430 is designed to be effective, easy to use, reliable and rugged enough to withstand all the blows, bumps and sloppy conditions of training and hunting. The handheld unit is water-resistant to IPX7, and it can be powered with standard AA batteries - or it's optionally available with a long-lasting NiMH battery pack that's rechargeable in the unit. What's more, if you ever drop or misplace your Astro 430 in the field, the high-visibility orange case makes it easy to track down.